Sunday, November 18, 2012

hey hey!


Fam...wo wo wo...what happened on Halloween?!?!!?! I would love to see pics! Tater how much candy did you get? What were you? No kids came to our house!:(  We just deep cleaned...haha it was actually really fun...the highlight was when we decided to make our beds bunkbeds and the board that holds the mattress we ended up lifted up and over and it came right back through because we are too weak haha. 
 
Cool thing this week...I was in my first earthquake! During stake conference everything just started shaking a little, the speaker was really really chill, he just kept talking through it haha. Another highlight, talking with Miguel. He is this kind of crazy guy that lives by a member that we eat with sometimes and we always stop and talk to him on our way. This week we learned how you can grow potatoes on the moon...so if you want further info write me i'll let you in on the secrets of potato growing.
 
This week flew by! This whole transfer is flying by!!  I feel like I am starting to tell you guys the same stuff over and over, just about how many miracles happen all the time! But its my favorite part! Miracles happen every day! I don't know what to tell you about this week! Javier is doing so good, the best part about teaching him is the spirit is always strong because he is so humble. He is in his 60's and he is really nervous about praying out loud when other people are there, so he has us help him. We say a line, then he repeats it, kind of like in primary. It makes me so grateful that I was taught to pray when I was so little. He is progressing but very slow and he is really nervous about how well he will remember it all. I just feel so strongly when we are with him how much Heavenly Father is happy with even the littlest tiniest progress we make, the efforts we make are enough! Like we still help him with his prayers but he knows how they end now and he says that part by himself. Haha, that sounds tiny but I can just feel how much Heavenly Father is proud of him for that!  
 
Also you should follow any ideas or thoughts you have and try to recognize the spirit the spirit this week! We have been realizing how often we are prompted by the spirit in our area. Our day was totally planed out on Friday but we kept thinking of this one family. So we decided to stop by them and say hi...it was a miracle!! They were all home on a friday night, and they just welcomed us in and asked if we were going to share something with them. Haha we were like...um....yes! We hadn't planned anything specific for them but we thought to ask them how their scripture study is going. Seriously it is just amazing how the spirit works. They told us they hadn't read their scriptures in over a month and they want to start again. How could we have known that?! We could have shared anything with them but that is the question that came to our mind. Heavenly Father is so aware of all of our needs, and we can be the ones to answer peoples prayers if we follow promptings.
 
A sadder story. We were on the phone with an hermana talking about dinner the next day, I felt like I should tell her about how its stake conference so church is a different schedule this sunday...then I thought myself out of it b/c she comes every sunday so I figured she would have heard the announcement and didn't want to offend her. We got a call half way through stake conference because she was at the church all by herself....I felt horrible!!! I ignored the prompting to tell her and I felt so bad.
 
One of the elders investigators is getting baptized next week invited us girls over to eat. She is super cool, a single mom with three kids. We were supposed to try by a potential afterwards but we kind of just felt like we should stay there. We did and she brought up a concern she had and hermana Marquez was able to share some things from when she joined the church that helped her a lot. We just have been realizing that we don't even realize all the times the spirit is helping us every day. They usually do not feel really noticeable or that different than something that is just our own idea, just a thought or a feeling. And it is really easy to just pass over it like I did about not telling that hermana about stake conference. We seriously can be led and helped in everything we do if we try to pay attention to the how often the spirit is helping us out. I am so grateful for that constant help as a missionary.
 
I love you all soo much!! My new favorite word this week was "chachalaca" no one can tell me what it means exactly but it is really fun to say!
Love!
Hna Mulliner

No comments:

Post a Comment