Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hola Utah!


Family, family, family,
 
This week was soo crazy! We got to know our area and the whole valley really well! I was having this pain in my back and I thought it was just from this workout we did but it wasnt going away for a few weeks so I had to go to the chiropracter. I had him write down what is was so I could tell you haha, my sacroiliac joint was out of alignment...or something!There is this guy here in the valley that is a member and sees missionaries for free and is so wise haha and nice. But we thought his office was in Burbank close to where we live but it was actually clear on the other side of the valley! So that first day we went we had our map out and drove on two different free ways...haha it was bad but we found it and I got to sit in a massage chair thing there so it was all worth it :)
 
The funniest/best thing we have been doing lately is we have been teaching an english class. It is supposed to be a finding tool, we wanted members to bring their friends and we hand out flyers when we knock on doors and stuff, but so far just members have come...I think it's still worth it just because it is soo hilarious!! Oh man, my favorite is this old couple. The Calderones...first of all they are the cutest ever, they are new to the ward and we are the first sister missionaries they have seen before and so Hermano calderon treats us like we were sherry dew or something haha he just is soo sweet to us. But his wife knows a lot more english than he does, so he gets kind of frustrated because she corrects him and she knows a lot of words. so they have little "discussions" in spanish during the class. I work with him one on one for a little bit and the first class we were practicing "brother" daughter sister, words from our families and it was soo cute and inspiring to see him keep trying. It totally motivated me in my spanish and made me so grateful to be learning spanish not the other way around. Also Hermano calderon is my favorite friend now because each week I get to work with him. It's hilarous because they can't say any word that starts with an "s" without adding an "e" like school is eschool or ski is eski. The "th" sound is also really hard for them, so it is soo hilarious but at the same time the cutest thing because they are all trying so hard! I honestly wish you could meet this ward I am serving in...they are soo great.
 
Yesterday we had such a cool experience!! We kind of had a rough morning, I was frustrated that this week our numbers were really low because of this chiropracter thing and we had to use a lot of our miles for the month getting there. and then in personal study I read in the bible and the chapter made no sense! I was like why does the bible have to be so confusing!  I wanted to feel good reading the scriptures and instead it was this abstract deep message I was not understanding. It was super hot in our apt. And we felt like we had been working so hard but right now our area does not have a lot happening. Haha we just kind of let all these frustrations out and felt like we wanted to sleep all day! But it was so cool because we had an hour left in the day and we had nothing left to do but knock. We prayed about this street we were thinking about and got out and it was not looking very spanish speaking ish, but we decided to walk around a little bit before we leave. so we walked through this apt complex and decided to knock on a door...she was a member in the english ward and gave us a referral to someone on the street over. We walked over to the next street and on the way we talked to these people sitting in the grass...they were so cute and we ended up teaching them a whole lesson, and they taught me the longest spanish word I've learned so far (parangutirimicuaro...ya i'm still working on it!) as we were finishing their 35 yr old son came over and started talking to us and it was like this little hand off, they went inside and and we started teaching him. Haha. He started telling us all these crazy things that were happening in his life and he said I don't know what it is but I am so glad I met you guys right now. So we ended up finding 3 new investigators by the end of the night and we didn't even get to make it to our referal! Isn't missionary work so cool?! 
 
I love you all sooo much!!!
 
Love,
Hermana Mulliner

No comments:

Post a Comment